Youngteam Records are proud to announce their latest project: A compilation album entitled ‘No Colour Too Strong To Paint’ which features 21 of our friends from Edinburgh raising money for the Sick Kids Hospital.
- PRESS: Download the YT press release,
- PRESS: Album cover artwork is here for use in editorial. (Get in touch for others)
- Join the Facebook movement here facebook.com/charityalbum
- Buy your launch night tickets from Ticketweb here - just a fiver!
- Press clippings are at the foot of the page (scroll down)
The album will be available from the 7th May via digital download. There is also a fantastic launch night party planned for that Saturday too. The gig will be played by 8 of the bands that feature on the release and its being hosted by our good pals Ginger Music Promotions at Maggie’s Chambers (above the 3 Sisters, Cowgate, Edinburgh). Tickets are available from Ticketweb here and are priced just 5 quid.
The Sick Kids Hospital opens its doors to over 100,000 sick or injured children from the East Coast of Scotland every year and it relies heavily on people spreading awareness about the great, literally life-changing work they do and good people like yourself donating funds. You can help by coming to the gig and picking up a copy of the CD.
That’s right! We’re pressing a very limited, deluxe version of the complete album and it will be on sale at the launch gig only!
Here’s the lineup for the gig: Frantic Chant, White Heath, My Electric Love Affair, Steve Heron, OK Social Club, The Steals, The Remnant Kings and David Winpenny. Not bad for a fiver, I think you’ll agree.
Here’s a complete track listing for the album:
1. Dancing Round The Nails – The Jackals
2. Tear It Up – Frantic Chant
3. To Be Sad….. – Steve Heron
4. If I Lived Here I`d Be Home By Now – My Electric Love Affair
5. I`ll Rest – The Thanes
6. Dollyrocker – The Valkary`s
7. Sheltered Life – Delta Mainline
8. So – White Heath
9. First Light Of Day – Matt Norris & The Moon
10. I Want You, You Want The Devil – Scrap Brain
11. Spirit Walk – Inspired
12. She Said, You Said – The OK Social Club
13. Summertime – The Steals
14. Light – John Durnan
15. Two To Tango – Epic26
16. Traffic Management – The 10.04`s
17. Eighteen Tonne – Imperial Racing Club
18. More Than I Could Tell – The Remnant Kings
19. Sick Of You – David Winpenny
20. Sewed Beneath The Fabric – Nicky Carder
21. Bicycle Day (The Hoff) – The Lunes
We would like to extend our sincere thanks to all the folk at Leith FM and East Coast FM who have donated their airwaves to helping promote this project. In particular thanks to Steven Young (Leith FM) and Andy Young (East Coast).
We’ll be updating this page as the details emerge. For now; heres some press:
Nice article by Gemma Fraser in the Edinburgh Evening news
Ali George from STV is writing articles about the event, album and featured bands in the run up:
There’s a wee copy & paste job by the good people over at The Leither magazine here: